Posts tagged update
It’s time again to circumvent Apple’s Mail Plugin policy and update the GrowlMail Bundle with the correct identifier string. Otherwise, after updating, Mail will tell you it has disabled the GrowlMail plugin and will move the bundle to ~/Library/Mail/Bundles (disabled).
ToÂ amendÂ this, follow these steps:
- Quit Mail
- Move theÂ GrowlMail.mailbundle Folder back into ~/Library/Mail/Bundles
- Enter the following two commands into your Terminal:
defaults write ~/Library/Mail/Bundles/GrowlMail.mailbundle/Contents/Info SupportedPluginCompatibilityUUIDs -array-add "1C58722D-AFBD-464E-81BB-0E05C108BE06" defaults write ~/Library/Mail/Bundles/GrowlMail.mailbundle/Contents/Info SupportedPluginCompatibilityUUIDs -array-add "9049EF7D-5873-4F54-A447-51D722009310"
- Start Mail and enjoy Growl notifications for new eMail again!
Today seems to be a slow news morning. Mostly because everyone is apparently only slowly recovering from weekend mode I guess, but here are the bits I deemed noteworthy today.
- Yahoo Mimics Facebook Connect With â??Y Connectâ?
Yahoo will soon launch a service called â??Y Connectâ? with features very similar to those of Facebook Connect â?? portable identity management, integrating Yahoo content on third-party websites, and sharing data about what youâ??re doing and where with your Yahoo contacts.
- Throwback to the 90s: How Social Networking is Moving Back to Private
On the social networking battle field, people are dropping like flies and canceling their Facebook accounts or taking a break from Twitter. These social networking casualties are looking for news ways to share and interact with select friends in a more private and intimate setting.
BenoÃ®t Mandelbrot 1924 â?? 2010
Mandelbrot died in a hospice in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on 14 October 2010 from pancreatic cancer, at the age of 85.
Mandelbrot worked on a wide range of mathematical problems, including mathematical physics and quantitative finance, but is best known as the father of fractal geometry. He coined the term fractal and described the Mandelbrot set. Mandelbrot extensively popularized his work, writing books and giving lectures aimed at the general public.
This is the first post of what I plan to make a recurring feature on this blog. Each day I will try to assemble a post with interesting news that pop up in my newsfeed.
So here it goes…
- Police force tweets emergency calls, scores Twitter hit [TNW UK]
A UK police force has scored a major hit today by tweeting every single 999 emergency call it receives over a 24-hour period.
- TED Brings â??Ideas Worth Spreadingâ? to the iPad
The free app [iTunes link] provides a more convenient and engaging experience for viewing TEDâ??s streaming library of nearly 800 video presentations on the device. Users can browse videos by date, popularity and keyword.
- 4 Game-Changing Trends in Web App Design
…web apps are driven by trends, and trends move fast. So if youâ??re slaving away on a mobile app, here are four trends that you might want to consider before coding yourself into irrelevance.
- Google Grows Revenues 23 Percent In Third Quarter
Revenues jumped 23 percent to $7.3 billion. Net income was up 18 percent to $2.2 billion.
- Another trend that keeps popping up in the last weeks is QR Codes
This technology has actually been around for quite some time already and I always kept wondering when developers would start to use it more thoroughly in their solutions.
- RedLaser Now Scans QR Codes
- With Their Own QR Code Trick, Bit.ly Eats Googleâ??s Balls
- Paperlinks Brings QR Codes To Event Invitations
- Goo.glâ??s Awesome Easter Egg To Instantly Turn Any Link Into A QR Code
- QR Code Generator and DataMatrix Barcode Generator
- QR Code Generator Creates Smartphone-Friendly Barcodes from Chrome
- HOW TO: Create and Deploy Your Own QR Codes
I’ve finally found a new template for this blog, that I really like. I’m still playing around with some of the configs and plugins, but this seems to be pretty much how blog.no-panic.at will look from now on.
If anything is screwed up or you just want to tell me how awesome everything is now, drop me a line in the comments.
I shifted around a few things on my blog today. The main thing is, that the blog header now shows my latest tweet (which is also my latest Facebook status) and the time since it was posted.
Other improvements include a reorganisation of the sidebar widgets and a few CSS adaptions.