iOS 4.2 is available, adding some impressive new features and finally getting iPad’s and iPhones up to the same OS version number. And Google releases “Cloud Connect”, a plugin that syncs Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Google Docs syncs with Microsoft Office
Google Cloud Connect is an add-on for Office that syncs documents, spreadsheets and presentations from Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 with the “Google cloud”. In other words, it takes data on the desktop and makes a backup copy in Google Docs, gives it a unique URL and constantly syncs the data with anybody else that might be sharing the same document.
- iOS 4.2
The new features include:
- Multitasking on iPad
- Folders on iPad
- Find My iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- New Fonts for Notes
- Reply to Calendar invitations
- New Text Message Tones & custom tones per contact
iOS 4.2 is compatible with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch 2nd generation upwards and iPad.
- Lifehacker published a Tutorial on how to convert your videos to be AirPlay compatible.