This is the first post of what I plan to make a recurring feature on this blog. Each day I will try to assemble a post with interesting news that pop up in my newsfeed.
So here it goes…
- Police force tweets emergency calls, scores Twitter hit [TNW UK]
A UK police force has scored a major hit today by tweeting every single 999 emergency call it receives over a 24-hour period.
- TED Brings Ideas Worth Spreading to the iPad
The free app [iTunes link] provides a more convenient and engaging experience for viewing TED’s streaming library of nearly 800 video presentations on the device. Users can browse videos by date, popularity and keyword.
- 4 Game-Changing Trends in Web App Design
…web apps are driven by trends, and trends move fast. So if you’re slaving away on a mobile app, here are four trends that you might want to consider before coding yourself into irrelevance.
- Google Grows Revenues 23 Percent In Third Quarter
Revenues jumped 23 percent to $7.3 billion. Net income was up 18 percent to $2.2 billion.
- Another trend that keeps popping up in the last weeks is QR Codes
This technology has actually been around for quite some time already and I always kept wondering when developers would start to use it more thoroughly in their solutions.
- RedLaser Now Scans QR Codes
- With Their Own QR Code Trick, Bit.ly Eats Google???s Balls
- Paperlinks Brings QR Codes To Event Invitations
- Goo.gl’s Awesome Easter Egg To Instantly Turn Any Link Into A QR Code
- QR Code Generator and DataMatrix Barcode Generator
- QR Code Generator Creates Smartphone-Friendly Barcodes from Chrome
- HOW TO: Create and Deploy Your Own QR Codes